PureDry Deluxe Dehumidifier vs ProBreeze Mini Electric Denumidifier
PureDry Deluxe Dehumidifier
“Power in Controls”
What sets this dehumidifier from the rest is that it has a timer that can be set at either 4 or 8 hours so that you are assured that the equipment will not get the chance of over-heating. In addition, there is also the option to control the dehumidifier speeds (low and high) so you have the option to accelerate dehumidifying should there be a need for faster dehumidifying of a room, which could later be adjusted to low, after the desired level of dampness is achieved.
This dehumidifier has a 1.5 L tank for water condense and can accumulate as much as 500 ml of water a day at 86 deg F and 80% relative humidity.
- 2 speed option which means that you can accelerate speed at which dehumidifier can take out water from the air
- Timer allows the equipment either after 4 or 8 hours, averting overheating
- It shuts off automatically when the tank is full preventing over-spilling
- Water tank is transparent allowing you to see from afar if the tank is full so you can easily drain it.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty so you are assured of at least 5 years worry-free operation
- Price is relatively high, same price can dehumidify a room of up to 5000 cu m while this can effectively be used for a room only as big as 2000 cu f
- Water tank is small so there is a need for frequent emptying.
ProBreeze Mini Electric Hiumidifier
“Compact Moisture Zapper”
This lightweight and efficient dehumidifier can take away as much as 18 oz. of moisture per day at 86 deg F and relative humidity of 80%. Its use of the Peltier technology allows it to run quietly so that it can be turned on and not disturb offices or even nurseries.
- Lightweight so it can easily be transferred to where it is needed
- Automatically shuts-off when tank is full preventing spillages
- Ideal for use in small to medium rooms to remove moisture from air and prevent the formation of molds that may cause allergies
- Low power consumption
- Works well but has to use multiple units if rooms are large
- Has automatic shut-off that should work when tank is full but results sometimes to overflow so that you have to check the unit’s water every now and then
The following table will show you the feature differences between the features of the PureDry Deluxe Dehumidifier and the ProBreeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier:
|Features||PureDry DeLuxe Dehumidifier||ProBreeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier|
|Coverage Area||2000 cu m||2200 cu m|
|Weight||6.1 lbs||5.2 lbs.|
|4 and 8-hour settings||None|
|Absorption Rate||20 oz./day (may be increased if put on high setting)||18 oz.|
|Warranty||5 years||Manufacturer’s Warranty|
The Peltier technology is used in both PureDry and ProBreeze Dehumidifiers which make them almost sound proof.
Which is the better dehumidifier?
Except for the availability of timer settings for the PureDry, it would seem that ProBreeze is more superior when it comes to area coverage and portability. Of course, the 5-year warranty seem to be a bigger advantage but if the equipment will be used with care (as the case should always be), then the warranty would not really matter much. Added to this is the fact that the co cost of PureDry is a bit on the high side and may be compared already to the price of the larger area dehumidifiers.